To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”
Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV)
We live in such a busy world and conduct very busy lives. When our lives are get bogged down by the many appointments, recitals, football/basketball games, work, volunteering and whatever else we find to do. We forget to manage our time so that we can communicate with God and read His Word. We also forget to set aside time for our spouses, our children and ourselves. I have found that the seven F’s to time management has given me a good outline on how to start to focusing my time on things that really need my attention.
1. FAITH~Take more time to read and study God’s Word. Praying and talking to God. Seeking His council. Romans 10:17~So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
2. FINANCE~Budget money wisely. Take the time to make sure we are being good stewards over our finances. Luke 6:38~Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
3. FAMILY~Take time to talk and listen to our families. Play games, have bible studies. Invest more into forming bonds with our spouses and children. Proverbs 22:6~Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
4. FRIENDS~Send out thinking of you notes. Make time to lift someone’s spirits. 2 Corinthians 6:6~ We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love.
5. FUTURE~Take the time to plan our future. Psalm 22;30~Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord.
6. FITNESS~Take time to nourish and get a healthy body. Ecclesiastes 5:19~ And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life–this is indeed a gift from God.
7. FUN~Make time to stop and enjoy life, have Fun! Proverbs 15:13a~A happy heart makes the face cheerful.
Lord, help to be a good steward of my time. Devoting my life to being a follower of you.
Note~When I write poems, songs or inspirational thoughts in my journal, I don’t always write down where I found these treasures. So I am not quite sure where I got the Seven F’s to time management. Although the scriptures were added by myself. I want to give credit where it is due, just not sure who…